A wood stove is designed specifically to burn wood. Airflow through the appliance has been carefully thought out to get the best performance from wood. And, most importantly it doesn’t have a grate, unlike multi-fuel stoves!
British manufacturers include, Clearview, Charnwood, Stovax and Woodwarm stoves. Predominantly, British-built woodstoves are steel construction.
The answer, truly, is to define early in your search for a stove what you are going to burn and if you have a specific purpose in mind. Do you have access to a good wood supply? Even the smallest wood stove can easily gobble a ton or two of wood in a winter! If you are looking for an outdoor wood stove, or looking for a wood cook stove, make sure you mention that during your research.
1. The wood fuel is clean to handle, and easy to transport to the fire.
2. A quality wood stove produces very little ash. Cleaning is often reduced to weekly or even less depending on usage level!
3. Indoor and outdoor wood stoves offer incredible efficiency.
4. A quality wood stove produces no more carbon dioxide than what the tree that produces the fuel removed while it grew.
5. The sheer comfort and joy of a crackling wood fire!
Find a ‘Look’ that you like – Classic, Contemporary, Traditional, White? Red? Enamel? Tall? Short? Do you want to cook a stew on top?
We also supply and install DEFRA Approved Stoves for Smoke Control Areas
Phone, or contact us using the form on the website, and we will help all we can!
World of Stoves is proud of its competitive pricing policy, however, we firmly believe that “You get what you pay for!” With some other suppliers, especially on the internet, you pay the full amount of your stove in advance, have 100 plus kilo’s of cast iron or steel delivered to your doorstep, instead of your fireplace, and be told that “The instructions are in the box”.
We supply and install wood stoves in the following areas:
Cumbria, South West Scotland, Scottish Borders, County Durham & Northumberland.